Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Conquering your Goals!




On Memorial day I set out on a mission and Hiked the "Y", and as my sister Karen and I were hiking we decided we wanted to hike it 10 times before school started. Today we met that goal, it was so AWESOME! This has not been easy for me, it has taken a toll on my knees and i have struggled with my asthma but, I was determined to meet my goal. Now, that was one of my long term goals,but I also made a short term goal that when I finished my 10Th hike I would continue up and over the mountain. We did it! Beautiful Hike, it was difficult, I had to push my body to it's limit, at one point I wanted to just sit and cry but I pushed with all my might. So, today I completed two goals and I can't explain the feeling of accomplishment i feel! It really helps to make a goals that you can accomplish in 1 or 2 months, it makes it easier to meet them. So make a few small goals, maybe it could be drinking more water, counting your calories, walking everyday or hiking once a week. SO make some goals this week and write them down, and if you want to share please do!!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog on Karen's list. Wow, I love it!! I can't even tell you how inspiring you two are. Man alive!! I hiked the Y this morning with you two in mind, thinking that if they could do it, so could I. And then seeing you guys...wow...that was awesome! I've never, ever had the desire to hike it in my life - ever! I weigh a lot more then you did when you started. I have about 100 lbs to go, if not more.Thank you for this blog. I'm going to be an official stalker, if that's ok. :) Way to go Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni I am sooo proud of you!!! Wahoo! I'm so glad that we made that goal...it really helped me to have a good summer because we were outdoors so much. You were always motivating to me because you would always say, "Where we gonna hike this Saturday?" I have loved every minute hiking with you, and am excited to keep doing it eary on Wednesdays still! With Hinanui!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I was so happy to see you on the "Y" today! You are well on your way girl! The "Y" is very difficult to hike but will get you into shape so fast. I have enjoyed every minute of every hike:) I'm so glad you are going to stalk me HAHA if I can help in anyway let me know:)

    Karen I am so proud of you too! We have come a long way from may 31st!! It has been wonderful to strengthen our sisterhood! You are thee one who keeps me going! Remember you are always telling me 5 more minutes, one more switch back!! Thank you Thank you!! Love you!!! Hiking with our new friend Hinanui will be wonderful, she is a remarkable woman!!

    Lynda,
    Thank you for your support from so far away in Washington!! I love you and miss you so much:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SUCH an accomplishment.. and 4 times in a week.. That beats ALL and then you tell me that you want to go more!! Seriously, that is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete