Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You bite it, you write it!

When I started working out 3 months ago with Emily, the first thing she had me do was write down EVERYTHING I ate,time I ate and how much water I was drinking. This was a big eye opener! When I took her my notepad to my training session the next week we were able to sit and figure out what items I was eating that were not good for me even though I thought they were, and at what time of the day I grazed. For me, this was a big help, as I could actually see what was going in my body and how much more or less I needed. I now, am a firm believer in tracking EVERYTHING I bite, and drink.. So, for all who are on this journey with me, If you take a bite you write it down. After you do it for awhile you don't want a candy bar on that paper so you just don't eat it!! If I can do it, So can YOU!!!!

Here is a sample of what my daily log looks like: Water: 6- 24 oz bottles

B- Oatmeal with blueberries 8 AM
S- 10 Almonds 10:30
L- Flat out Bread with turkey, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard
Yogurt
String Cheese 1:00
S- fruit. 3:30
D- Grilled Chicken Breast, Green Beans, Green salad
Cardio workout 1 hour


I found that i needed more for lunch in order to help curve my appetite in the later afternoon, which was my grazing time. I am a very picky eater, so I pretty much eat the same thing everyday, mixing up my fruit and vegetables a bit. What works for me might not work for you, but at least give it a try!

4 comments:

  1. I believe this too! Now,...if only I could do it every single day and not have to write down all my mistakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had your will power!! And, trips are the worst for gaining weight!! I'm going to have to start all over again with exercising and eating right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bite it, write it!! hahahaha Weight Watchers taught me that!

    You are awesome.. you even eat oatmeal with blueberries! EWWW!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crud! I started writing things down today and realized that I am a crappy eater! I eat the crappiest things! As fat/calories and everything were being added up for the day I wanted to throw-up knowing how many calories and fat I had eaten and it's only 2:41. I'm already way over my limit for the day. YUCK! I feel sick. Good way to get me eating right, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete