Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6 months ago....

6 months ago I started on a weight loss journey, and it has been an incredible ride! I was inspired by The Biggest Loser show, and the amazing trainers and contestants. I'm not sure why this last season was so different for me, maybe it was because there were contestants on there who weighed less then me. I started this journey weighing in at 268 lbs. I am ashamed at how far I had let my weight get out of control and i am so nervous that i just told everyone who reads this how much I weighed! I'm sure I thought I was hiding it well, but the fact is, 268 lbs is a lot and no matter how much you want to hide it, no matter how big you buy your clothes, it's still there and when you look at yourself in the mirror you are disgusted by what you see. I wish I had started this blog at the beginning of my Journey but with 4 kids, a husband, sports, and work my life is so very busy.

What I want to do with this blog is to inspire others to take the path I have taken, to share with you hope, faith, patience, endurance, love, understanding and the knowledge that this can really happen if you put your whole heart, mind and body into becoming a new you!! This is a real life struggle for me, I have many medical issues that i have and as i continue on this journey, I hope that some of these issues will resolve and I can live a happy life.

As of today i am 207 and have about 40-50 left on this journey! I could not do this without the support of my family and good friends! You are what gets me up in the morning, you all inspire me in many different ways! I love you all!!

For the next few post i will be going back in time with pictures and feelings I had in the beginning, so bare with me as I document the last 6 months!

5 comments:

  1. I am way excited to read updates Joni! You are an inspiration, especially with all of the injuries that you have and medical problems!! I can't believe how much you push yourself...it is so amazing! You will help so many people on the way, I'm so proud of you! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to follow your journey!!! You are such an inspiration to me! And you will be so much help to others, I am sure. You have helped me a ton...motivating me to exercise and to eat well..I'm so proud of you and know you will complete your journey! I'm following your journey with you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how very proud I am of you!!! It's been fun watching Biggest Looser with you and now it's so exciting to see my Biggest Looser daughter reaching her goal. You are totally an inspiration to me; you have helped me with some great exercises and what foods to eat. You totally should be a trainer, lots of people would sign up with you!!!!!! Love you tons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Joni! I am so glad you are doing this. You are an inspiration, and no one is better to help others make the same journey. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I found it! Now I will be following with the others and I am proud of you. YOU can do it!! Thanks for the incouragement =) NOW where are the pictures?? JK

    ReplyDelete