Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a NEW year, NEW goals, NEW opportunities

2011 was NOT my year, with so many health problems, my weight loss goals came to a screaching halt in mid  July, when i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and broke my foot in 3 places and had surgery to fix some Hernias. This all was devastating, and heartbreaking to me. I had worked so hard to lose 80 lbs and the thought of not being able to keep up my routine of hiking, swimming , and walking sent me into a deep depression, I turned to food, my bed and just plain old laziness. What I have since learned is, I didn't need to stop what I was doing, I just needed to CHANGE how I was working out! I look back at those 5 Months and I wish I could change EVERYTHING about it, but.... I can't so I must move forward!

   I started January 1st going to the gym with my sister at 5:30 in the morning 5 day's a week, at first i thought i was going to die, me not being a morning person i found myself struggling to get out of bed. I soon realized that if i went to bed early, it was so much easier to get up. Sure, the initial shock of the alarm still freaks me out, but once i'm up i'm fine! Karen and I have been going strong for 3 weeks now, and loving every minute of it!

I  decided to start doing something I have never done before, SPINNING! Oh how I love this new form of sweating, LOL, best thing I have ever done that is out of my comfort zone. I LOVE IT!!

I Love this bike and I love my Spin classes!

Fear is what stops you... courages is what keeps you going. I love this quote for the reason that I was scared to try something new, I was afraid I couldn't to it, but guess what, i made the plunge and I COULD do it.  Never be afraid to try new things, there is no limitations on what you can do! 

4 comments:

  1. GO JONI!!!! I didn't realize you had Diabetes. I have it too. I found out in July. Good thing it's reversible. You guys are awesome for going to a spinning class at 5am! Holy moly that's dedication! You're awesome! I love following your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a super cute blog!!! Good luck on your goals! You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome!! KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!! So proud of you and ALL your efforts! Wish I could keep up with you, but I can't so I will just cheer you on from the show lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at your photo... you look downright slender and so FIT! I am *not* a morning person so I really admire your dedication to morning workouts. I think "morning" should start around 11:00 a.m. ;)

    ReplyDelete